Heavy Vehicle National Law Review
- Scoping >
- Analysing issues >
- Analysing options >
The purpose of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) Review is to deliver – from a first principles perspective – a modern, outcome-focussed law regulating the use of heavy vehicles that will:
- improve safety for all road users
- support increased economic productivity and innovation
- simplify administration and enforcement of the law
- support the use of new technologies and methods of operation, and
- provide flexible, outcome-focussed compliance options.
We will release eight issues papers across 2019:
- Risk-based heavy vehicle regulation (March) – consultation closed
- Effective fatigue management (May) – consultation closed
- Easy access to suitable routes (June) – consultation closed
- Safe people and safe practices (June) – open for comment until Friday, 30 August 2019
- Safe vehicles (July) – open for comment until Friday, 30 August 2019
- Accrediting operators to deliver best practice (July)
- Managing compliance (August)
- Other policy matters (August).
For more information, see the HVNL Review microsite.