Review of the Heavy Vehicle National Law
In May 2018 transport ministers agreed to bring forward an NTC-led review of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL).
In November 2018 transport ministers approved the terms of reference. They also appointed a panel of experts with expertise in productivity and experience across the transport sector to guide the review.
The expert panel is chaired by Peter Harris, the recent chairman of the Productivity Commission.
The panel also comprises:
- Sharon Middleton – Director, Whiteline Transport and President, South Australian Road Transport Association
- Andrew Ethell – Executive Director, Amalgam Strategic and Board Member, Infrastructure Australia
- Gary Mahon – Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Trucking Association
- Gary Liddle – Enterprise Professor of Transport, Melbourne University and Senior Strategic Adviser, Transport, Jacobs
- Louise Bilato – Executive Officer, NT Road Transport Association
The panel met on Wednesday, 30 January 2019 to discuss their vision for the review and to consider the NTC's approach to conducting it.
HVNL review microsite
We have launched a new microsite dedicated to the HVNL review. It is your primary resource for updates on the review, information from the expert panel and having your say.
We encourage you to get involved by signing up via: www.hvnlreview.ntc.gov.au.
More informationLast Updated: 12/2/2019