HVNL review: Terms of reference and expert panel announced21 January 2019
The Transport and Infrastructure Council has approved the terms of reference for the Heavy Vehicle National Law Review.
Transport ministers have also appointed a panel of experts with expertise in productivity and experience across the transport sector to guide the review.
The expert panel will be chaired by Peter Harris, the recent chairman of the Productivity Commission.
The expert panel comprises:
- Sharon Middleton – Director, Whiteline Transport and President, South Australian Road Transport Association
- Andrew Ethell – Executive Director, Amalgam Strategic and Board Member, Infrastructure Australia
- Gary Mahon – Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Trucking Association
- Gary Liddle – Enterprise Professor of Transport, Melbourne University and Senior Strategic Adviser, Transport, Jacobs
- Louise Bilato – Executive Officer, NT Road Transport Association
The NTC looks forward to working with this eminent group to improve heavy vehicle regulation in Australia.
The NTC will meet with the expert panel at the end of January 2019 and will provide more information on how the review will be conducted after this meeting.Last Updated: 12/2/2019