Feedback sought on Australian Light vehicle Standards Rules 1st Amendment Package8 March 2016
The National Transport Commission (NTC) is seeking feedback on proposed amendments to the Australian Light vehicle Standards Rules 2015 (ALVSRs).
The proposed amendments are intended to encourage better alignment with both the Australian Design Rules (ADRs) and the Heavy Vehicle (Vehicle Standards) National Regulation, as well as ensure that the ALVSRs remain contemporary and reflect the needs of the Australian community.
The changes consist of:
- Technical amendments regarding the definition of exempt vehicle in the ALVSRs
- Better aligning window tinting requirements in the ALVSRs with the ADRs
- Better aligning the headlight requirements in the ALVSRs with the ADRs
- Clarifying the existing brake light requirements in the ALVSRs, and
- Better aligning exhaust system requirements in the ALVSRs with the ADRs.
Submissions are due by 5:00pm Tuesday, 5 April 2016.
Last Updated: 23/11/2016